27 July, 2011

Okay, so maybe this thing is working out. Maybe.

I've spent the last couple of weeks trying to integrate a massive amount of backstory (mostly from the War) into the current story as a parallel narrative and, so far at least, it seems to be working.

Stain has a whole new opening, I finally got to write a scene from Albin Darril's POV, and I'm actually pretty happy with this!

This integration has, however, shown the need for massive restructuring of the middle of the book - including a different villain, er, assassin, er, sort of both and neither, and that too is coming along quite well. Now I just have to figure out how to kill someone(s) without Dubric getting (or at least being stuck with) their ghosts. ;)

Feel free to make suggestions. lol

2 comments:

Holly said...

Just dropped in to say I'm so happy to see you writing again.

I'm in the midst of a health cloud, so I've been REALLY slow getting back to people.

But I'm cheering you on.

chasing empty pavements said...

Hi! Nice to see another Iowan blogging about writing and reading! I love seeing my fellow small townians doing great things :)