08 February, 2012

February Challenge - Day 8

I hope you're following along with Jean this month (and maybe Monica - c'mon, Monica!!  ;) ), and my whole list of this month's topics is here.


Oh, bad habits. I have so many.


One, though, I can take a photograph of without getting in too much trouble, even though it's gross.
They're actually not too disgusting today.
I chew my fingernails.


Been doing it as long as I can remember, and my mother and grandmother tried everything to make me stop. Threats. Bribes. Humiliation. Fingernail polish (which I still will methodically peel off with my teeth within 24 hours of applying it, so I almost never wear any). Even nasty tasting concoctions that supposedly make kids quit. Yep, it tasted awful, but I chewed anyway.


I blame it on life-stress, especially as a kid (and, oh, those life-long habits are so woven in and hard to break), but one of the worst places for me to be alone with my fingertips is a movie theater. I cannot sit through a film without chewing at least one finger (usually more) totally raw. Have no idea why, but the lights go down, previews come up, and my fingers go in my mouth. Gnaw, gnaw, gnaw.


Sorry to be so disgusting. {{hugs}}

No comments: