14 January, 2012

January Challenge - Day 14

I hope you're following along with TinaJeanKrista, and Kat. If anyone else wants to play, just let me know and I'll stick you on the 30 Day Challenge blog roll. :) My list (with links to each post so far) is here.


There are very, very few pics of me anywhere, especially of me with family. I'm usually the picture-taker so I'm on the other side of the lens. There are some pics from our wedding with selections of family members. A picture from my sister's wedding. And a pic from a Christmas when I was about 20 years old. To the best of my knowledge, that's it, at least pictures in my possession. 


Those photos, however, are packed in a box, somewhere in the depths of our hall closet, and I could not locate them or the photo albums they're in.


I did find two pictures, though, one of Bill and me at our wedding, and the other Laura and me at my college graduation. They weren't in the albums because Laura went through a phase where she'd look through the family albums for hours and hours and, sometimes, would pull out pictures. I have a Tupperware™ box I keep loose photos in (it's mostly pics of Laura she'd pulled loose when she was little that I haven't gotten around to returning, pics of various pets, neighbor kids being squirrelly, remodeling projects, and quilts) and I truly was lucky to find these two photos in that box. 


Here they are.


Yep. That's Bill and me when we were young, and Laura when she was little.
I was 24 when Bill and I married (Bill had just turned 26). That picture was taken by my good friend LeAnne. The other was the day I graduated from college (I have a BA in Art and we all tie-dyed our tassels). I was almost 31 and Laura was 5. I think Bill took that one, but it might have been my mother (she is also rarely photographed).


So there you go. Me and my family. 

No comments: