28 January, 2012

January Challenge - Day 28

I hope you're following along with TinaJeanKrista, and Kat. If anyone else wants to play, just let me know and I'll stick you on the 30 Day Challenge blog roll. :) My list (with links to each post so far) is here.


One more picture of me, and how I've changed since last year.


Gak.
Just gak.
I took this picture on my 47th birthday last summer. I can't remember what we were doing that day - likely not much. And it was humid - see how curly the mop is? I usually have that brushed out or at least contained.


Since then I've lost 22 lbs. I've become a grandmother. I've shed much of the writing angsty shit that's paralyzed me for so long. I've mourned a beloved pet. I've worried endless sleepless nights over my husband and his new job. I've done my best to reclaim myself and not be what and how other people expect me to be.


It's been quite a year. lol



4 comments:

Linda said...

Sounds like quite a good year. I'm looking forward to reading "M" when it finally comes out. And whatever else you write. You're one of my favorite writers.

I'm hoping this year is like that for me, since I've quit my job and am taking a class in the details of starting a business. I'm starting a personal/private chef business this year.

So, go us! :)

Jean said...

You have had quite a year.

Wendy said...

Forgive me, but I don't see gak when I look at that picture. I nearly fried my hair trying for curls like that when I was young and thought it mattered.

Tammy Jones said...

It's not the hair, EJ, but the face. I really do not like my face.

{{huggs}} about your hair. I ruined mine for a long time trying to force it to be straight.