05 January, 2012

January Challenge Day 5 - A Place I've Been To


I hope you're following along with Tina, Jean, Krista, and Kat. If anyone else wants to play, just let me know and I'll stick you on the 30 Day Challenge blog roll. :) My list (with links to each post so far) is here.

Today I get to talk about a place I've been to.

Four words.



This is the actual venue in Bettendorf, but silly me forgot my camera.
Picture borrowed from http://sewingandstitcheryexpo.blogspot.com/
My friend Deb and I went to Betterndorf last summer to learn quilting from three amazing quilters, Ricky Tims, Alex Anderson, and Libby Lehman. It was a three day expo, with lectures and a coursebook and lots of opportunities to shop! I bought too much fabric - especially Ricky's batiks - and had several chances to talk with all three hosts. The highlight for me was a really insightful conversation I had with Libby about selling our creativity (I've adored Libby and her work for YEARS).

Plus, even better, I got to hang out with Deb! Woot!

2 comments:

Jean said...

Those display quilts are gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Quilts! Quilts! Quilts! Making one is on my bucket list! I adore handmade quilts but have yet to manage to do one myself. These pictures are amazing.