15 January, 2010

Today

I wanted to write a bit, all about today
the things I've planned
the things I'll do
all the bumps along the way

I woke up and stretched this morning
to a day all fresh and new
but snuggled closer to my sweetie
to get another wink or two

So now it's noon and nothing's done
I've spent the morning fast asleep
dreaming of stories and smooches and things
despite the errands I had to run

There's still oh so much left to do,
But that's all okay
food to cook, chips to buy
my daughter's coming home today!

;)

I'm not a poet, God knows, but Laura's home for the weekend so we can support my friend Kat as she does jewelry making demos at Merle Hay Mall in Des Moines for the Artists' Coop Gallery.

3 comments:

Krista Heiser said...

Enjoy your girl being home for the day or two you'll have her.

And I think you're incredibly brave for posting a poem.

Tammy Jones said...

lol thanks! And it's such a *wonderful* poem! ;)

But, ya know, I published a couple of poems that were a LOT worse (in the cemetery scene in Threads) so posting this one isn't so bad. ;)

Anonymous said...

Love the poem. Enjoy your girl being home. All writing is wonderful in my opinion.
Mary